DIY Water Marble Mug.
Water marbling, a really popular nail art trick, but now we are gonna take this “trick” to the next level. Water marbling a mug! You can water marble almost anything, plates, jewelry dishes, mugs, and many other things. So if you feel creative be free to try it out!
These are the things you will need to make your own piece of art:
- White mugs (you can also use other color mugs, but you need to be aware of how the colors are gonna turn out).
- Some toothpicks or quetips.
- An old bowl.
- Nail polish in the colors you want your mugs to be. I have grey, pink, dark blue and light blue. You can use every color you’d like.
- A kitchen roll to let your mugs dry on.
- Maybe some cotton pads and nail polish remover for if you make some mistakes.
- Warm water.
Let’s get started!
1.First you need to fill your bowl with luke warm water. Grab your first color of nail polish and pour it in the bowl till it spreads (you can move the bowl a little bit if it doesn’t spread that easy).
2.Then grab your second color and swirl it in the bowl aswell. You can also just leave it with one color, or you can use plenty of colors. Do what you like most, I just used two colors each mug. If you’ve done that you grab your toothpick or quetip and carefully make a design to your liking, If you already like the shape of it you don’t have to do anything at that point 🙂
3. Dip your mug into the bowl. Hold it still and wait 10 seconds. Slowly remove the mug from the bowl. Dip it the way you want, If you only want the bottem half to be coverd you dip it straight, or you can dip only the handle side. You can also put tape on it to leave things blank, for example; you tape it in a heart shape so when you’re done you have a nice marble mug with a white heart, or ofcourse the other way around!
4. My nail polish went a little bit in the mug and on the rim. When that happens, you can just use a cotton pad and some nail polish remover to wipe it away and make a clean edge.
5. Now grab a piece of a kitchen roll and really carefully pat the water off the mug. Don’t do it to hard or wipe because the nail polish will smudge.
6. I also made another one with gray and pink. I think they turned out great! Now you only need to let them dry for about an hour. Before you use them make sure you wash them first. Don’t put these mugs in the dishwasher, the nailpolish will come off. Always wash them by hand!
Both of them!
The blue one 🙂
And the pink and grey one!
I hope you liked reading this! And have fun with this DIY if you’re gonna remake it. Which one do you like better? The blue one or the pink one? Leave it in the comments!